Chicken Maple & Herb Breakfast Sausage
Makes 12 – 2″ Sausage Patties
- 1.5 lbs organic, free-range ground chicken thigh
- 1 egg
- 1 Tblsp maple syrup (grade A)
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 Tblsp garlic powder
- 1 Tblsp dried onion flakes
- 2 Tblsp fresh chives, minced
- 2 Tsp dried thyme
- 1 Tsp dried fennel
- 2 Tblsp coconut flour
- 1-2 Tblsp avocado oil for frying
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Mix gently with a wooden spoon or your hands until ingredients are fully incorporated. Do not over mix.
- On a cutting board or plate, scoop 1/3 cup of ground chicken into a ball, and flatten out into a pattie. Repeat for remaining mixture.
- In a large skillet under medium heat, pour avocado oil in the pan and allow oil to heat.
- Carefully place chicken sausage into the pan ( do not over crowd) and cook each side for 5-7 minutes.