The holidays are here, and I know we’re all busy with holiday parties. But I wanted to share one of my favorite recipes adapted by one of my all-time favorite Food Network chefs, Ina Garten of Barefoot Contessa. This dish is super quick and easy to make – no actual cooking involved! And your guests will love it! It’s one of my go-to appetizer or side dish recipes, and can be served all year round. Happy holidays friends!
CURRIED CHICKEN SALAD
Serves 10-12 people
- 1 rotisserie chicken, breast and thighs deboned and shredded
- 1 1/2 cup avocado mayo
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tsp sea salt
- 2 Tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp paprika
- 3 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup diced apples
- 3/4 dried craisins
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (for garnish)
- Remove skin from rotisserie chicken and discard.
- Debone chicken breast and thighs, and chop or shred meat.
- In a large bowl, combine all wet ingredients including lemon zest, and stir until fully combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and use a whisk to combine.
- Fold in shredded chicken, apples, green onions and craisins until fully combined.
- Refrigerate mixture for at least an hour or overnight before serving.
- Serve on top of sliced cabbage using an ice cream scooper, or on top of sliced cucumber using a tablespoon to scoop mixture on to cucumber.
- Garnish each scoop with slivered almonds.