This is a super easy weeknight meal or you can bring this dish to your next potluck and wow your guests. The great thing about this dish is anything goes with the veggies you have on hand. The flavor combination has umami, sweet, sour and the veggies add a nice clean and crisp compliment to the dish. This was the first time I’ve ever cooked with kelp noodles, and they turned out amazing – a nice al dente chewy texture. This dish kinda reminds me of a Filipino noodle dish called pancit, but BETTER. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
VEGGIE STIR FRY WITH GROUND CHICKEN & KELP NOODLES
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 – 20 minutes
Total cooking time: 30 – 40 minutes
- 1 lb kelp noodles, soaked in a large bowl with warm water
- 2 Tblsp coconut oil
- ½ large yellow onion, diced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ lbs ground chicken
- 3 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 Tblsp coconut palm sugar
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 3 Tblsp fish sauce
- 2 Tblsp coconut aminos
- 1 Tblsp raw apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 medium lemon (about 2-3 Tblsp)
- 2 cups fresh baby kale
- 1 cup green beans, diced into ½” pieces
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded watermelon radish
- 1 cup shredded cucumber
- ½ cup green onions, diced
- In a large bowl, fill halfway with warm water and soak kelp noodles.
- In a large saute pan, on medium high heat, saute onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes until translucent.
- Add ground chicken and all dry seasoning ingredients; mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon to combine, and cook for 5-7 minutes. Cover pan with lid to ensure chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Add fish sauce, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, and juice of half a lemon to the chicken mixture, and mix to combine for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add kale and green beans and saute for 2-3 minutes; add remaining veggies: carrots, radish, cucumber and green onions, and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Finish by adding remaining lemon juice and add more salt and pepper to taste (if needed).