A few of my best friends came over for dinner and a movie today, and we had a GNI (girls night in). Gone are the days of late night partying… We were so excited to hang out in our PJs, eat homemade, nutrient dense, comfort food, catch up and watch a chick flick. Anyways, since I’m now on day day 12 of the Whole 30 Program, I purposely had the girls come to my place for dinner so they could get a taste for what I’ve been eating. So, I decided it was a good time to test this recipe, since I had to put together Whole 30 compliant appetizers. Some of you have asked what I snack on in between meals, and lately, it looks something like the photo below (minus the chips). I usually pack cut up veggies like carrots, radishes, cucumbers, sometimes jicama, and I usually carry a bag of marcona almonds or cashews too.
This dip goes with just about everything and this recipe makes a large batch to last you for the entire week. The dip is light, airy, zesty, refreshing and similar to traditional hummus, but better. I hope you enjoy this recipe with good company. Cheers and happy Friyay y’all!
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER & GARLIC “HUMMUS” DIP
- 1 head of cauliflower (1-1 1/2 lbs)
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Kite Hill Almond Milk Ricotta
- 1 cup EVOO (reserve 1/4 cup for roasting cauliflower)
- 1 1/2 Tblsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 3 Tblsp fresh chives, minced
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut cauliflower into florets and place on a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Drizzle 1/4 cup EVOO over cauliflower and sprinkle 1 tsp of each of sea salt and ground pepper over cauliflower and mix throughly
- Chop 1/4″ over top of garlic head and place garlic on 6×6″ piece of foil, drizzle 1 tablespoon EVOO over garlic and season with salt and pepper
- Wrap foil around garlic, but leave a tiny opening to release air when baking
- Place garlic on cookie sheet with cauliflower and bake in the middle rack of the oven for 20-25 minutes
- Place roasted cauliflower, garlic and remaining ingredients except chives in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Add chives and season with additional salt and pepper as necessary.
- Refrigerate and keep for up to 5 days