Happy national pancake day! These pancakes are super moist and not too sweet, plus there’s bananas and shredded coconut. What’s not to love?! I must have been dreaming of Hawaii last night. For extra umph and to keep you full until your next meal, I added Aloha’s vanilla bean protein powder. If you’re not into the protein, simply omit this ingredient, and it will still taste good AF. This recipe is super easy and can be made ahead of time. Enjoy!
COCONUT BANANA PROTEIN PANCAKES
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: Makes 10 – 3″ pancakes
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 Tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 scoops Aloha vanilla bean protein powder
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut (for garnish)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas cut into 1/4″ slices
- In a medium sized bowl, add all dry ingredients (except shredded coconut), and use a whisk to combine.
- In the center of the bowl, create a small well, and add the wet ingredients. Mix wet ingredients thoroughly, then slowly incorporate the dry ingredients. If the batter is too thick (like toothpaste), add another 1/4 cup of coconut milk to thin out the batter.
- In a large non-stick pan, over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and melt.
- Using a 2″ ice cream scooper, divide the batter evenly on to the pan.
- Add 3 slices of banana to the top of each pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Garnish pancakes with left over bananas and shredded coconut.
I typically order lamb kefta kebabs at my favorite Afghan restaurant, De Afghan Kebab House located in Fremont, CA. I love me some good lamb kebabs! If you love lamb, then this recipe is for you! I was too lazy to shape the meat into kebabs, so I threw all the ingredients in a pan and served the dish on top of cauliflower mash with a side of sauteed zucchini. A super easy, super flavorful recipe that shouldn’t take any more than 30 minutes to put together. The key is to have good quality ingredients such as the lamb, fresh mint, cilantro, parsley, and rosemary. I hope you like it! Let me know how it turns out by leaving a comment below. Happy Friday y’all!
DECONSTRUCTED LAMB KEFTA
Serves: 4 (with left overs)
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cook Time: 15 Mins
- 2lbs fresh ground lamb
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 TSP sea salt
- 1/2 TSP ground pepper
- 1 TSP ground turmeric
- 1 TSP ground cardamom
- 1 TSP ground paprika
- 1 TSP ground ginger
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint, finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, finely minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- In a large saute pan, over medium high heat, add EVOO and saute garlic and onions for 1-2 mins until soft and translucent.
- Add ground lamb and season with salt and pepper, mix to combine for 3-5 minutes until meat starts to brown.
- Add remaining dry seasoning ingredients and mix thoroughly to combine. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, until lamb is cooked through. I recommend not over cooking the meat.
- Once meat is cooked, add fresh herbs and mix thoroughly. Then add lemon juice and mix to combine, and turn the heat off.
- Serve with Caulirice, caulimash, or your favorite side carb of choice.