Happy national pancake day! These pancakes are super moist and not too sweet, plus there’s bananas and shredded coconut. What’s not to love?! I must have been dreaming of Hawaii last night. For extra umph and to keep you full until your next meal, I added Aloha’s vanilla bean protein powder. If you’re not into the protein, simply omit this ingredient, and it will still taste good AF. This recipe is super easy and can be made ahead of time. Enjoy!
COCONUT BANANA PROTEIN PANCAKES
Cook time: 30 minutes
Serves: Makes 10 – 3″ pancakes
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 Tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 scoops Aloha vanilla bean protein powder
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut (for garnish)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 medium bananas cut into 1/4″ slices
- In a medium sized bowl, add all dry ingredients (except shredded coconut), and use a whisk to combine.
- In the center of the bowl, create a small well, and add the wet ingredients. Mix wet ingredients thoroughly, then slowly incorporate the dry ingredients. If the batter is too thick (like toothpaste), add another 1/4 cup of coconut milk to thin out the batter.
- In a large non-stick pan, over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and melt.
- Using a 2″ ice cream scooper, divide the batter evenly on to the pan.
- Add 3 slices of banana to the top of each pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Garnish pancakes with left over bananas and shredded coconut.