Super moist, no extra sugar added, and the chocolate chips almost turn this loaf into a dessert dish in addition to eating this for breakfast. I hope you enjoy! We finished this loaf over the weekend – t’was that good ya’ll.
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Bread
Yields: 1 9×5″ Loaf
- 1 – 1/2 overripe, dark brown, large plantains (peeled and cut into large chunks)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 large organic, free-range, hormone-free eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (carregean free)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (alcohol free)
- 1/2 cup raw unsweetened almond butter
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp baking soda (aluminum free)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Coconut or avocado oil spray for loaf pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Lightly grease a 9×5″ loaf pan or a 12-cavity muffin pan with your favorite Paleo friendly oil
- In a food processor, blend the plantains, eggs, melted coconut oil, almond milk and vanilla extract, and almond butter until fully incorporated.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients, and mix until fully combined. With a rubber spatula, fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour batter into pre-greased loaf pan and place into the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake the loaf for about 50-60 mins, and test with a toothpick once cooking time is complete. The toothpick should come out clean and the edges of the bread will pull away from the pan when done baking.